Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Well about three years has passed since when I first came in contact with a hurdle, and I think its safe to say that I have came a long way. This was a little footage from one of my races my senior year, before I started developing pain in my hip.
When I had I my first track meet when I went over the hurdles I looked so horrible. The main objective to hurdling is to get to the ground as quick as possible, so when I first started out I had a ton of hang time. I was practically bunny hopping over the hurdles. But thanks to many hours spent training and getting better at my craft, I have become a solid hurdler. I wouldn’t say I’ve perfected the art of hurdling because there is always room for improvement, and I have lost to hurdlers that were better than me so I’m far from perfect. But on the other hand, it is very pleasing to see how far I have came, and what little hang time I have now.

Although I’m currently not running track, I do miss it a lot. I hope to maybe one day run track again and compete on the collegiate level.

No comments:

Post a Comment